- A. Master the Basic Message
- B. Keep the Mission Paramount
- C. Speak Truth to Power
- D. Create Forms That Facilitate Function
The Deacons were the first “form” the Apostles created
Simple forms allow us to keep our focus where it needs to be
Human nature flips it and puts form over function, thus killing power and efficiency.
Think in Terms of Identity, Function, and Form.
When Deacons were established, the organism added an organizational element
Some Food For Thought...
- What if God's "righteous anger" was not what most think it is?
- What if "forgiveness" was not quite what you think it is?
- What if fulfilling our mission as a church had a lot more to do with processing anger and unforgiveness well than we want to admit it does?
- What if we admitted that our entire culture is steeped in anger and unforgiveness?
- What if we stopped imitating the culture and ditched our shallow attempts at righteous indignation?
- What if we actually took the lead in defusing anger and mastering the art of forgiveness?
- What if we stopped excusing our shortcomings in these areas?
- E Internalize the Gospel (Acts 7.54-60)
- Gain a correct view of Jesus (54-56)
- Stop trying to control results (57-59a)
- Focus on your union with Jesus (59b)
- Master the art of forgiveness (60)